- Ensure that ice will be available before and, if applicable, during your activity.
- When ready to begin activity, loosen drawstring and pull ice pocket open.
- Pour ice into the pocket.
- Tighten the drawstring to close the pocket.
- Adjust the ice position as desired.
- Enjoy cool relief from the heat!
Note: YOU WILL GET WET!
Keep in mind that this product is intended to keep you cool in hot weather by allowing ice to directly cool your head and also by dripping cold water onto your head and body. The ice will melt and become cold water, and the water will run through the Cap’s lightweight athletic material onto you. This chill is a major part of what makes the ICED Cap yield the impressive results that it does. Additional cooling comes from evaporative cooling from the water from the ice melting that drips down to your clothes.
For the first couple of minutes after putting ice in your ICED Cap, some people may experience a sensation similar to a brain-freeze. This effect typically only happens when the ICED Cap is first filled with ice; refilling does not cause discomfort usually.
Melting water can be directed to drip in certain directions based on your preference by readjusting the angle of your ICED Cap. If you prefer water to drip down your neck and back, tilt the front of your Cap up. If you tilt the front of your Cap down, some water will run off the tip and drip in front of you (usually missing your body).